Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 6 Making Pizza for lunch & stomping grapes!

Inspired by the grapes still ripening in the garden, Josie suggested we make grape juice this week - with our FEET!!  We have an old Richard Scarry book called "Peasant Pig", and in it they stomp grapes to make juice, so I'm pretty sure that was her inspiration :0)  We also made our own pizza crust & pizza!
watching the yeast grow

Ben & Gigi mixing it up!


While the dough was rising we had circle time - then it was time to beat the dough & roll it out!


Gigi has done this before I think :0)



Isaac taking his turn


Ezra really loved rolling out the dough!


I wonder how we had enough ingredients??  They ate as much as they put on there!  These were the last of the green peppers from out garden, yum - somehow I didn't get pictures of them cutting them up but they did it themselves.


Miss Abbie took the pizza down to the oven while we were outside, and by the time we came in it was done!

I love our tablecloth and real dishes - and all those happy smiles!  So proud of their work cooking!

Josie also wanted to celebrate her 1/2 birthday, and she wanted rice krispie treats so Ella could eat them :0)  We broke a candle in 1/2 for the 1/2 part & sang "Happy Half Birthday to you!".  If you would also like to do this for your child at playschool, just let me know!  I am working on a birthday ring to hold the candles...

picking the grapes off the stems

eating them as we go ;0)

Rachel smashing!

Sorry I cut off your head Gigi!

Isaac washing his feet - I helped, too & we talked about Jesus washing the disciples feet.  It was a great opportunity to bring up a wonderful lesson :0)


"Ewwww!" was the most common reaction - but they loved it!

Ben doesn't mind getting messy ;0)

Welcome back, Mandolin!  She watched a long time before she finally decide to try it - but I think she liked it :0)

Yep, I even got into the act!

We even had time to play!  Rachel is using the playdough to make more hedgehogs & other animals using acorns & pine needles

Nice animal face!

Isaac is so affectionate

I think that's a peach pit hedgehog!




Working on our mittens

Miss Abbie helping Silas & Isaac get started on their mittens (an on-going project!)



Mud kitchen is fully up & functioning!

Silas is SO ready for hunting season!

I found this handy cooler (someone in our neighborhood was going to throw it out!) & it makes a great storage place for our mud kitchen utensils

Ben the bee, hunting w/ Silas (no, I don't think Ezra is the deer!)

Bring your lunch this week!  See you all soon!
Miss Shannon

No comments: