Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Day 6

Origami window stars - I hope they are in your windows & making you smile :0)  They remind me of stained glass, which I *love*

Once everyone learned the fold they moved pretty quickly - it takes a lot of concentration though & I was especially proud of Zach (the youngest to choose this project) who stuck with it for all 8 pieces!

I'm really seeing all the children flourish in an environment where they have the freedom to choose from their interests within a loose structure.  They key is to provide that which interests them! We've started with basics based on what my own children are currently interested in, & have been continually adding as I've had requests for various items from the other children.  Some of these opportunities are provided at home as well - but the novelty of working with the other children is where the magic happens at this age!


Someone had the idea to use the feathers from tinkerlab to write with, using leftover watercolors from last week.  The results were beautiful!  Especially in cursive!


For those of us who live on gravel roads - this much concrete is exciting!!  Emma brought her in-line skates to test out -  & you can see that Malachi was fascinated....

Always something "cooking" in that pot!

The reeds in the wetlands area are excellent trellis material for our cucumbers & morning glories....but somehow they make great swords, too....
Heading into the last week of our first summer session!  As Zach & Julia get prek pictures to me I'll post those as well.  I've been loving it so much & am continually grateful that we are able to be back  in this space, with these friends.  Blessings to you all!

No comments: