Saturday, April 12, 2014

April 8 & goodbye New Zealand!

Here is our oldest baby, on top of a mountain in New Zealand!  She had an amazing time & headed back to the States April 2.  She is visiting family friends in Billings, Mt. til I can afford to get her home ha ha!  Hopefully next week....

Cleaning some of the wool we helped to shear (yep, that's our bathtub!)

A pile of dirty wool in my mudroom

Ahhh, clean wool.  Drying & ready to be carded & spun or felted!

I learned how to use a simple drop spindle....the yarn isn't perfect, but it will be fun to knit something with it :0)

Isaac & Josie putting color cards in order from darkest to lightest (hey, you can buy these in wood but I just use the samples from Wal Mart & cut them apart!)


Getting close....

The knight has a hammock on top of the castle - and see the stable?



I can't remember now what Zach & Gigi were doing but it was hilarious ;0)



Never too big for riding toys, right?!



Miss Jamie, my other brain, wrote "Post the Point of No Return! No Crossing!" on the driveway so the tricycle & car wouldn't build up too much speed ;0)



Today, April 12, is our mountain climber baby's 20th birthday.  The first one I've not been there for...so feeling a bit sentimental today....Wow, I'm only 22 in that picture.... 

Hope you all have a great weekend - see you soon!
Miss Shannon & Miss Jamie

No comments: